- Home /
Join The Dogwalks Team
Work hard. Have fun. Feel good.
We take a serious team approach to caring for our dog and human clients, so we take our team seriously.
Do you have what it takes to work for Dogwalks?
We’re looking for an experienced dog trainer with a strong R+ training background to create and provide ongoing in-house dog behavior and handling training for our dog walking and dog daycare staff, and provide private training services to our clients. This is a 40-hour salaried position paying $60,000/year.
Working at Dogwalks
Here’s what you should know about us: We’re one of the first dog walking companies in San Francisco, and we’ve deliberately stayed small and local. In fact, we operate out of our owner’s spacious SF home. We take a true team approach to caring for dogs, an approach that puts dogs’ needs at the center of all decisions and which requires flexibility and excellent communication and cooperation skills. Life at Dogwalks is fast-paced, upbeat, and focused.
Are you… ?
- An experienced dog trainer committed to R+
- A skilled, respectful teacher of fellow dog professionals
- A self-starter capable of managing projects from beginning to end
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with lots of moving parts
If so, we’d like you to:
- Work with owner to identify behavior, training, and handling topics for staff training
- Create and present staff training presentations, lessons, and activities to our dog walking and dog daycare team, and help oversee staff implementation of learning in day-to-day work
- Create and implement a staff training program for new hires
- Work 1-on-1 with our dog walkers during walks to build their dog handling skills
- Create training plans for dog walking and daycare dogs as needed, and coach staff through implementation
- Create and train staff on a bark-free daycare protocol
- Assist in onboarding and introduction of new dogs to existing groups
- Help fashion private dog training service packages
- Provide in-home private training consults to Dogwalks clients
- Help design day school and board & train programs
- Provide training to our day school and board & train program clients
- Provide occasional “ask the trainer” events for clients and for marketing purposes
- Fill in on dog walks on an occasional basis, paid separately from salaried time
Think you might like to join our team?
We’d love to hear from you! Here’s what we need:
- Your resume
- A cover letter
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Position
We’re looking for a mature, reliable, steady dog walker who’s team-oriented and believes in providing the best care for dog and human clients both. And staying cool under pressure while they do. Think that might be you? Read on.
- Pick up and walk groups of 4-8 dogs off leash
- Supervise play between dogs and interrupt and redirect as appropriate
- Train and reinforce good manners and basic obedience, including recall
- Report throughout the workday to business owner/supervisor
- Contribute to additional client communication as requested
- Clean and inspect dogs daily for injury, ticks, foxtails, etc.
- Interact AT ALL TIMES with all other park and beach users, client neighbors, and fellow road warriors in a manner that reflects positively on Dogwalks and dog walkers in general
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail and quality
- Ability to take direction and work productively on one’s own and as part of a team
- Responsible, reliable, and with a kind, nurturing personality
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Own a smart phone and car charger
We train all of our walkers on the job, but it’s a great plus if you already have:
- Understanding of dog behavior
- Experience with dogs in groups
- Excellent ability to read dog body language
- Training, walking, dog daycare experience a plus
- dog*tec Dog Walking Academy certification
25-40 hours per week depending on business’ needs.
Email your resume with a cover letter to Julia (at) dogwalks.com. No phone calls, please.