- Home /
Join The Dogwalks Team
Work hard. Have fun. Feel good.
We take a serious team approach to caring for our dog and human clients, so we take our team seriously.
Do you have what it takes to work for Dogwalks?
We're looking for a mature, reliable, steady Doggy Day Care Attendant who's team-oriented and believes in providing the best care for both dog and human clients. And, staying cool under pressure while they do. Think that might be you? Read on.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Cleaning floors in dog areas - Vacuum, Swiffer, Bona
- Poop Patrol: keeping the backyard clean of poop and hosing down concrete and yard as necessary.
- Properly disposing of dog waste and fluids.
- Cleaning up any and all dog messes. Dogs get sick and cleaning up is a must.
- Laundry -- cleaning dog beds and dog rags
- Meet with clients when they drop off and pick up dogs.
- Maintain cleanliness of dog walker's areas -- front desk, bathroom.
- Help organize and clean office.
- Picking up and dropping off dogs at their homes using company van
Other Responsibilities include:
- Running errands in company van--taking dogs to vet & grooming appointments, delivering keys
- Dog feeding and properly sanitizing dishes and bowls. Filling Water bowls regularly
- Properly clean and sanitize dog areas.
- Help organize keys and dog equipment.
- Maintaining safe and healthy play environment. Interact and play with the dogs.
- Checking dogs health and well being
- Assist in organizing dog's walk schedules and preparing them for their walks.
- Assist the business owner as needed.
- Have a clean driving record
- Hard working, reliable, strong work ethic
- Treat dogs humanely, with compassion and concern.
- Friendly and professional
- Be trustworthy and pleasant*have references
- Be able to pass a back ground check
- Have a cell phone
- Speak English
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
This is a part-time job of 4-6 hours a day, Monday thru Friday beginning at 8:00am-1:30pm & 1:30pm-7:00pm & on Saturday- Sunday from 8am-5pm & 4pm-10pm.
Salary: $16.00 to $17.00 /hour
We’re looking for a positive reinforcement dog trainer to provide care and training of
puppies in our puppy daycare & train program. This is a 20-hour/week position paying $30-$40/hour depending on experience.
Working at Dogwalks
Here’s what you should know about us: We operate out of our owner’s spacious SF home,offering dog walking, dog daycare, and puppy daycare. We take a true team approach to caring for dogs, an approach that puts dogs’ needs at the center of all decisions and which requires flexibility and excellent communication and cooperation skills. Life at Dogwalks is fast-paced, upbeat, and focused.
Are you… ?
- An experienced puppy trainer committed to R+ training
- A self-starter capable of managing projects from beginning to end
- An excellent team player
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with lots of moving parts
If so, we’d like you to provide care and training of puppies in our daycare & train program, moving puppies through a regular daily itinerary that includes:
- Supervised and guided play
- Crate training & nap time
- House training
- Basic manners training
- Training other staff members on dog behavior
- Part-time (4 hours/day, 20 hours/per week) hourly position, 10:30-2:30pm. Monday thru Friday.
- Pay $30-$40/hour, depending on experience
- Would consider an independent contractor if you operate your own business
- Hire required to have a dog training certification from DTIA or The Academy of Dog Training or other positive training program.
Is this position for you?
We’d love to hear from you! Here’s what we need:
- Your resume
- A cover letter inducing where you received your training certification
Join the Woof pack!
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
About the Position
We’re looking for a mature, reliable, steady dog walker who’s team-oriented and believes in providing the best care for dog and human clients both. And staying cool under pressure while they do. Think that might be you? Read on.
- Pick up and walk groups of 4-8 dogs off leash
- Supervise play between dogs and interrupt and redirect as appropriate
- Train and reinforce good manners and basic obedience, including recall
- Report throughout the workday to business owner/supervisor
- Contribute to additional client communication as requested
- Clean and inspect dogs daily for injury, ticks, foxtails, etc.
- Interact AT ALL TIMES with all other park and beach users, client neighbors, and fellow road warriors in a manner that reflects positively on Dogwalks and dog walkers in general
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail and quality
- Ability to take direction and work productively on one’s own and as part of a team
- Responsible, reliable, and with a kind, nurturing personality
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Own a smart phone and car charger
We train all of our walkers on the job, but it’s a great plus if you already have:
- Understanding of dog behavior
- Experience with dogs in groups
- Excellent ability to read dog body language
- Training, walking, dog daycare experience a plus
- dog*tec Dog Walking Academy certification
25-40 hours per week depending on business’ needs.
Regular, full-time positions are eligible for benefits package including: medical and dental insurance & tax-deferred retirement plan.
We also pay for you to be bonded, insured, and pay for your company GGNRA commercial dog walking permit.
The starting salary for this position depends on the depth and breadth of experience.
Dog walker: $18/hour for a two month training and trial period then to $19/hour (based on performance). (Up to $21/hour Depending on Experience). Opportunities to advance to lead dog walker $22-23/hour.
Email your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.