- Home /
Join The Dogwalks Team
Work hard. Have fun. Feel good.
We take a serious team approach to caring for our dog and human clients, so we take our team seriously.
Do you have what it takes to work for Dogwalks?
About the Position
We’re looking for a mature, reliable, steady dog walker who’s team-oriented and believes in providing the best care for dog and human clients both. And staying cool under pressure while they do. Think that might be you? Read on.
- Pick up and walk groups of 4-8 dogs off leash
- Supervise play between dogs and interrupt and redirect as appropriate
- Train and reinforce good manners and basic obedience, including recall
- Report throughout the workday to business owner/supervisor
- Contribute to additional client communication as requested
- Clean and inspect dogs daily for injury, ticks, foxtails, etc.
- Interact AT ALL TIMES with all other park and beach users, client neighbors, and fellow road warriors in a manner that reflects positively on Dogwalks and dog walkers in general
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail and quality
- Ability to take direction and work productively on one’s own and as part of a team
- Responsible, reliable, and with a kind, nurturing personality
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Own a smart phone and car charger
We train all of our walkers on the job, but it’s a great plus if you already have:
- Understanding of dog behavior
- Experience with dogs in groups
- Excellent ability to read dog body language
- Training, walking, dog daycare experience a plus
- dog*tec Dog Walking Academy certification
25-40 hours per week depending on business’ needs.
Email your resume with a cover letter to Julia (at) dogwalks.com. No phone calls, please.